Also called microplaning or blading, a scalpel is used to exfoliate off the dead skin cells and vellus “peach fuzz” hairs leaving the skin more smooth, youthful and radiant. Recommended for acne scars, dull skin, dry skin, sun-damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, dermaplaning allows enhanced product penetration – essentially giving your entire service and powerful “boost” in efficacy.
:: 60 min $165 / 90 min $245
Add Dermaplaning to any Facial
:: 30 min $85
Pre and Post Treatment Recommendations: 24-48hrs
- Cleanse with gentle cleanser, non abrasive, no wash cloth or clarisonic, warm not hot water
- Delay exposure to excessive heat, heavy workouts, steam rooms and saunas
- Dermaplaning is not indicated when skin is inflamed, peeling, swollen, bruised, or has delayed healing from other treatments or in distress.
- The following conditions are not suitable for Dermaplaning: Uncontrolled diabetes, cancer, active acne, bleeding disorder, cold sores, sunburn, excess terminal hair. Retin-A or retinol use within 5 days.
- If you are on the following medications Dermaplaning is not appropriate: blood thinners, high dosage of aspirin, Accutane.
- Botox and fillers wait 2 weeks after injection or receive Dermaplaning prior to injections.
Pre and Post Treatment Recommendations: 5 Days
- No retinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Sensitive skin: spot test all products before applying all over, test for irritation.
- Darker skin tones and fitzpatricks: use a brightening serum to reduce any risk of PIH 2 weeks before and after treatment.
- Avoid: makeup, alcohols, colorants, fragrances as they are all irritants that can cause contact dermatitis. Clean makeup brushes, sponges, pillow cases to minimize risk.
Dermaplaning & Waxing
- Facial waxing: Wait 7 days after treatment to wax.
- Waxing may be done prior to dermaplaning, waxed area is avoided during treatment.
BOOK YOUR ESCAPE
At Yuan Spa your appointment becomes an escape, your visit becomes a ritual, and you allow yourself to
Rediscover Your Source...
Text Milo: 425-272-6979
Text Winnie: 425-403-7029