Ultraceuticals Pre and Post Care
Developed in 1998 by cosmetic physician Dr Geoffrey Heber, Ultraceuticals is today one of Australia’s pre-eminent cosmeceutical brands, offering professional-grade products. Australian heritage gives the brand the keenest understanding of the need to protect and care for skin placed under one of the harshest conditions in the world — the Australian sun. Through extensive ongoing in-house research and development driven by Dr. Heber, the range is developed to deliver results you can actually see. Real skincare. Real results.
Add a BAM to any Ultraceuticals Facial :: $20
Add the Hydrating B2 Hydration Mask to any Ultraceuticals Facial :: $20
Pre and Post Treatment Recommendations: 24-48hrs
- Using your Ultraceuticals home care will ensure that your skin’s barrier function is sound and you will receive the best results from your service with us.
- If you do not have Ultraceuticals home care, cleanse with a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser, and follow with a moisturizer and sunscreen for the days leading up to your service.
- Avoid the use of all Retinol products in the 48 hours prior to your service.
- Wait for 3-14 days following injectables and any dermatological procedures.
- All Ultraceuticals facials will have the best effects when done in a series with a minimum of two weeks in between and when paired with an Ultraceuticals home care skin care regimen.
- Seek medical advice for diabetes and auto-immune disease as their healing may be delayed.
- Smokers may experience delayed healing.
- Ultraceuticals facials are not recommended if experiencing: sunburn, psoriasis/eczema, recent facial surgery, open wounds, cold sores, Accutane (within 6 months), known allergies to Vitamin C or A, active rosacea, cancer or radiation therapy.
- The A-zyme peel is not recommended during pregnancy or breast feeding.
Post Treatment Recommendations
- You will likely experience mild discomfort, redness and/or flaking of the skin (the advanced innovation of Ultraceuticals peels means it is not necessary to see visible flaking or peeling of the skin post treatment for it to have been effective)
- You will likely experience tightness and a feeling of dryness on the skin as the newly treated skin is working it’s way to the surface.
- Normal expected results may include: inflammation, itching, breakouts (as the skin is purging), tightness, crusting, streaking, redness/heat, flaking, shedding and frosting. This is a positive sign that the Ultraceuticals peel is working on the cosmeceutical level beneath the surface of the skin and that the outward-most layers of the skin are sloughing off.
- Please contact the spa if you experience: blistering, swelling, red bumps
- Makeup (preferably mineral) may be worn immediately following the treatment.
- Your results will be best if partnered with an Ultraceuticals home care regimen and follow-up peels (minimum of two weeks in between)
- Discontinue use of any Ultraceuticals corrective serums for 5-7 days post peel, and 2 days post BAM – this includes products containing AHAs, BHA, Vitamin C and Retinol (Vitamin A)
- SPF protection must be used daily
- Avoid vigorous exercise or excessive heat including Yuan Hydrotherapy, hot showers and chlorinated pools for 48 hours.
- Avoid waxing, IPL or laser treatments for two weeks following a treatment.
- Ideal post treatment skincare for 2-5 days after an Ultraceuticals treatment: gentle cleanser, Ultra B2 Hydrating Serum, Ultra Hydrating Lotion, Ultra Protective Antioxidant Complex and Ultra Daily SPF Protection
BOOK YOUR ESCAPE
At Yuan Spa your appointment becomes an escape, your visit becomes a ritual, and you allow yourself to
Rediscover Your Source...