Last updated 1/20/2020
Who we are
Our website address is: yuanspa.com
Yuan Spa may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Website, Application(s), and/or Service.
Information collected directly from you:
When you use the Website, Application(s), and/or Service, certain areas or features may require you to provide personal information. If you request an appointment online, Booker.com collects your name, email address, phone number, etc. and information about your desired appointment (e.g., your desired date, time, and services). If you make a purchase through the Website, Booker.com will collect your payment information, including your billing information.
Information collected from third parties:
Yuan Spa also may collect information about you from third parties. For example, if someone purchases a gift card through the Website, Booker.com may collect the recipient’s and the purchaser’s personal information and the purchaser’s payment information.
Information collected automatically:
Yuan Spa may automatically collect the following information about your use of the Website, Application(s), and/or Service through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit the Website, Application(s), and/or use the Service; and the referring URL or the webpage that led you to the Website. Yuan Spa does not link the information that is automatically collected to any personal information you submit while on the Website and/or while using the Application(s). Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Yuan Spa may use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason the consumer provided the information. For example, if a consumer shares their name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers through our Website, Booker.com, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
[For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yuan Spa assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Yuan Spa about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Yuan Spa will not share your credit card number or any other financial information with any third party except to complete your transaction and to verify your credit card information.
Yuan Spa shall disclose personal information when required by law or under the good-faith belief that such action is necessary under applicable law. Yuan Spa may disclose personal information in order to establish or exercise its or their legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Third-Party Service Providers:
Yuan Spa may disclose information about individual users to third parties who provide services to the spa. These third parties provide a variety of services to Yuan Spa, including, without limitation, processing and verifying credit card information, tracking internet marketing campaigns, and processing credit card transactions. In addition, these third-party services may include enhancing the information Yuan Spa collects about customers. Yuan Spa may also use third-party email providers to assist with sending marketing emails. These companies do not retain, share, store, or use personal information for any secondary purposes. Any personal information that Yuan Spa shares with any third-party service provider may only be used to provide services to Yuan Spa and the service providers will not be given permission to use such information for other purposes.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING MECHANISMS:
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that Yuan Spa transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow Yuan Spa to make it easier for you to navigate the Website and Service, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow Yuan Spa to track your activities at the Website and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. Yuan Spa uses session cookies to allow its systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Website. This allows Yuan Spa to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through the Website.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. Yuan Spa uses persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies:
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. Yuan Spa may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags), in connection with the Website to, among other things, track the activities of Website visitors, help Yuan Spa manage content, and compile statistics about Website usage. Yuan Spa and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to customers, track email response rates, identify when emails are viewed, and track whether emails are forwarded, for example. Third party vendors may also use pixels and tags on social media posts, ads and chatbots to track click through rates to the Yuan Spa website.
Currently, the Website and Application(s) do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Networks section below.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE WEBSITE AND/OR APPLICATION(S) AND YOUR CHOICES
Transactions and Service Announcements:
Users who make a purchase or reservation through the Website or Booker.com will receive a number of emails and/or text messages throughout the transaction process and they may sometimes receive phone calls fromYuan Spa’s Guest Service Department to ensure smooth transactions. Yuan Spa may also occasionally send out service-related announcements, for instance, if service on the Website is temporarily suspended for maintenance. Generally, these communications are not promotional in nature, and users will receive them as long as their accounts are open.
Special Offers, Newsletters, and Updates:
Out of respect for the privacy of users, Yuan Spa presents the option to not receive these types of communications, as explained in the Choice and opt-out section below.
Choice and opt-out:
A user can change their opt-in or opt-out status in several ways:
- From a Newsletter: Click on the “Unsubscribe” link within the email.
- You may additionally unsubscribe by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yuan Spa takes reasonable precautions to protect users’ information. When users submit information via the Website and/or Application(s), Yuan Spa takes steps to protect users’ information both online and off-line.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
Yuan Spa invites you to post content on the Website, including your comments, résumé, or CV, and any other information that you would like to be available on the Website. If you post content on the Website, all of the information that you post will be available to authorized personnel of Yuan Spa.
The Website and/or Application(s) may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that Yuan Spa exercises no control over linked sites and Yuan Spa is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. Each linked site maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, and you are encouraged to view the privacy policies of these other sites before providing any personal information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Yuan Spa is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, or the content of such third-party sites, and you hereby release Yuan Spa from any and all claims arising out of or related to the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, and/or the content of such third-party sites.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Youth Consent forms, as held by a third party such as Waiver Master may retain information of minors only in regard to their legal ability to receive services at Yuan Spa.
If you discover that your child who is under 13 has provided any other personal information through the Website and you wish that such personal information to be deleted, please contact us via email at email@example.com to have it deleted from our data.